Come and experience a “Retreat”…in the comfort of your own home!
Welcome to the Online Autumn Knit-Tea Retreat! In normal times we would be meeting in beautiful Insole Court, armed with an overwhelming amount of tea and cake and yarn, ready to talk the weekend away! However, online is definitely better than nothing, and we’d love to see your pictures of your weekend supplies of yarn, beverages and treats! You can share on Instagram (use #vKTRoct20 to make sure that we can all see them) or come and chat in our new group – https://the-knit-tea-retreat.mn.co/
Thank goodness for technology! It means that we can still bring you workshops from fantastic tutors AND we can sit and knit together virtually. Attendees have two exclusive online knit nights to attend as well as the online workshops, and we will be broadcasting on Instagram as well so that, even if you’re not signed up for the retreat, you can still come and chat with us!
Bring your cake, bring your tea, most importantly bring your WIPs and have a lovely weekend with us. Bonus is, a virtual retreat can be done entirely in pyjamas!
The (Virtual) Knit-Tea Retreat, 23rd – 25th October
IG Live on October 24th and 25th.
Opportunities to join in and win prizes all weekend!
Bingo and a Pay It Forward table.
Online Marketplace, scheduled vendor IG Lives and Yarn Crawl on October 25th (with more prizes!)
Live video Knit-ins!
On October 24th, join us for tea (or something stronger?) and cake at 8.30pm on IG Live (I’m afraid you’ll have to bring your own refreshments this time!). We’ll have a sit and knit, we’ll answer questions and we’ll draw the first participation prizes.
On October 25th we will be on and off Instagram quite a lot! At 1pm we will be live to open our pop-up marketplace. We will also be making appearances on IG Live on our Cartref Yarn and Owl About Yarn IG channels (and maybe popping up on a couple of other broadcasts too – keep your eyes peeled!).
Pay It Forward
All weekend, you will have the opportunity to take part in our Pay It Forward scheme. If you are familiar with our Bring and Take Table at our in-person retreats, then this will be very familiar. It is a chance to pass on your craft materials that you no longer need to someone else, and maybe pick up something that someone else has no need of but that would delight you! The rules for this are simple:
- Post a picture on social media (most people will probably use Instagram, but feel free to try Twitter or Facebook if you are more comfortable there) with a full description of what you are offering, and include the hashtag #KTRpayitforward so that your offerings can be found.
- Make clear if you are willing or not to post internationally (mention your country in the initial post?).
- The lucky receiver is responsible for postage charges.
- Please take no risks when posting your craft items out, and if you are limited due to local lockdown as to when you can mail parcels, please make this clear in your initial post so that the receiver doesn’t worry about the parcel being lost in the mail.
- Bear in mind the extra time that mail is taking to arrive at destinations and allow plenty of time before chasing the sender for details.
You should be able to save the bingo card onto your device, but a screenshot will work just as well if not! There is also a copy in the attendee booklet if you are an official attendee. In order to cross off squares you will need to take part in various retreat-themed activities. Once you’ve crossed off a line and completed your card, post a picture of your completed bingo card on social media with the hashtag #virtualKTRbingo. We will draw bingo prizes in the week following the retreat and will notify the lucky winners shortly thereafter!