We are delighted that you are considering coming to the fourth Cardiff Knit-Tea Retreat! Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. On the booking form you have to tick a box to confirm that you agree to them, and you need to know what you are agreeing to!
The dates of the retreat will be Friday 22nd October, Saturday 23rd October and Sunday 24th October 2021. There will be a knit night included in the price, with a buffet laid on, on Friday 22nd October 2021 to give those who arrive in Cardiff early a chance to get to know each other.
The price of the retreat is £290. This includes two classes from the selection we have got available with our fabulous tutors. There will be an opportunity on the booking form to express your class preferences, but we cannot guarantee to give you your top preferences if the classes have already filled up by the time you register your interest. Your booking fee also includes a social evening on the Saturday (where there will be a chance to win one of a variety of door prizes plus giveaway for participation in KALs etc, access to a fabulous little market on the Sunday afternoon with exclusive discount codes for Cartref Yarn and Owl About Yarn AND a goody bag with exclusive products worth in excess of £40! This DOES NOT cover accommodation, travel or meals but we will be providing hot and cold drinks and cakes and biscuits. Cardiff is very easy to reach by both car and public transport. Please consult the location page for more information. There is a huge choice of accommodation in Cardiff. Once again, on the location page we will link to several websites upon which you will find lots of accommodation options in a range of prices. We can offer lunches on Saturday and Sunday at an extra cost, details to be forwarded once places have been allocated and deposits paid.
We reserve the right to refuse admission. Places will be offered at the discretion of the organisers. Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications for children to attend the retreat.
Once you have filled in your booking request form, we will be in touch shortly thereafter to let you know whether you have been successful in getting a place. Soon after that you will receive an invoice for an initial deposit of £135. This must be paid by bank transfer within 72 hours of receiving your invoice, or you may forfeit your place. The balance of £155 will be due on 8th October 2021. (Please see the section about COVID restrictions to learn what will happen if we cannot proceed in person.) If you have requested to take a third class, and if we have a place available for you, the balance payable will increase by £40, due on the same date of 8th October. The deposit is non refundable unless the retreat is cancelled altogether by us so please make sure you are definitely free on the 22-24 October 2021 before you book your place. We do understand that sometimes circumstances change and you may unfortunately need to cancel. We will not be able to offer any refunds but you may transfer your place to someone else if you know someone who would like to take your place. In case of cancellation (with or without someone to transfer your place to) please let us know as early as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can see what we can do to help. If all the places sell, we may have people on a waiting list who would be willing to take over your place. In the event of a refund, we will deduct £10 admin fee.
- COVID Preparedness – The organisers reserve the right to move the Retreat online in the event that the public health situation makes such a gathering too risky to the health of our attendees. The Retreat will also be hosted online if local government regulations mandate this or if the venues are unable to host us.
- If the Retreat is online, classes and social gatherings will be held via Zoom and gift bags will be mailed to attendees (postage cost included in the Retreat fee). Please make a note on the booking form if you genuinely are unable to attend an online retreat. Unless this is disclosed at the booking stage, refunds will not be issued.
- If the Retreat is online, the cost will be £135 and so covered by the deposit. The only outstanding balance would be if you were allocated a third class or if you have a class which requires extra materials.
- There is an option on the booking form to indicate if you are interested in attending both online and in person, or one or the other only. Please be aware that priority will be given to people who select both unless genuine reasons for not attending online are given (e.g. no access to fast internet).
- In the event the Retreat is moved online we will be able to accommodate more attendees than in person so it is definitely worth filling in the form to express interest in attending virtually.
- Should we move online, we may not be able to provide all attendees with a gift bag. If this is the case, we will offer a refund for the value of the bag.
In attending the Knit-Tea Retreat you understand that many people, including the organisers, will be taking photographs and recording film. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree to photos and video of you being used online and as promotion for future events. If there is a safeguarding reason that you do not wish to appear in photographs/video, please email us on email@example.com and we will do our very best to facilitate this.
Please understand that it is up to you to arrange travel insurance. We cannot offer refunds in case of illness, flight or other travel delays or similar issues. Neither can we compensate you for situations beyond our control such as war, acts of God, terrorist attack or threat thereof, public disturbance, pandemic or personal or family problems. Therefore, if you choose not to take out travel insurance to cover your trip, it is at your own risk.
If one of our teachers cancels we will do our utmost to find a teacher of similar calibre. We would of course contact all attendees taking that teacher’s class[es] in that scenario to make sure that the alternative arrangements were agreeable.
Attendance at any of our events is contingent upon compliance with our Inclusivity and Behaviour Policy, as set out here.