We are thrilled that you are considering coming to the second Stratford-Upon-Avon Knit-Tea Retreat! Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. On the booking form you have to tick a box to confirm that you agree to them, and you can’t agree to something that you haven’t read!
- The dates of the retreat will be Friday 18th June 2021 to Sunday 20th June 2021. The retreat will start with an informal knit night on Friday 18th June from 6pm to give those who arrive early a chance to get to know each other.
- The price of the retreat is £240. This includes two and a half days attendance at the retreat, unlimited servings of teas and coffees and cake at our main venue each day. You will enjoy a delicious three course dinner on the Saturday evening aboard the Countess of Evesham dinner ccruise river boat. We will also be hosting Zoe Fletcher of the Woolist to deliver a talk and a Q&A during the weekend. There will be beautiful goody bags filled with all sorts of lovely things, the chance to win some fabulous door prizes, free entry to the Sunday afternoon tabletop marketplace and of course, lots of time to relax and enjoy knitting and chatting with like minded crafters!
- The fee does not include travel or accommodation. Stratford-Upon-Avon is very easy to reach by both car and public transport. Please consult the location page for more information. There is a huge choice of accommodation in and around Stratford. Once again, on the location page we will link to several websites upon which you will find lots of accommodation options in a range of prices.
- There are stairs within our main venue, but there is also a lift for those with severe mobility issues. If you have sensory issues there are quieter areas around the venue where you can go for a break from the chatty atmosphere of the main room, as well as Stratford-Upon-Avon town centre to explore.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept applications for children to attend the retreat.
- Places will be offered at the discretion of the organisers. The right to refuse admission is reserved.
- Once you have filled in your booking request form, we will be in touch shortly thereafter to let you know whether you have been successful in getting a place. Soon after that you will receive a PayPal invoice for an initial deposit of £75. This must be paid within 72 hours of receiving your invoice, or you may forfeit your place. The balance of £165 will be due by 1st February 2021. You may pay at any date before then by sending the money via PayPal to us at email@example.com, but if you haven’t paid by the end of January we will send out another PayPal invoice which will remind you of the due date.
- The deposit is non refundable unless the retreat is cancelled by us so please make sure you are definitely free from the 18-20 June 2021 before you book your place.
- We do understand that sometimes circumstances change and you may unfortunately need to cancel. We will not be able to offer any refunds after 31st March 2021 but you may transfer your place to someone else if you know someone who would like to take your place. In case of cancellation (with or without someone to transfer your place to) please let us know as early as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can see what we can do to help. If all the places sell, we may have people on a waiting list who would be willing to take over your place.
- Please understand that it is up to you to arrange travel insurance. We cannot offer refunds in case of illness, flight or other travel delays or similar issues. Neither can we compensate you for situations beyond our control such as war, acts of God, terrorist attack or threat thereof, pandemic, public disturbance or personal or family problems. Therefore, if you choose not to take out travel insurance to cover your trip, it is at your own risk.
- Attendance at any of our events is contingent upon compliance with our Inclusivity and Behaviour Policy. Failure to comply may result in you being asked to leave the retreat and/or restriction from attendance at future events organised by Zoë Carter and Jennie Powell.
- Waiting list: If all places sell, we will be operating a waiting list. Unfortunately, circumstances cause people to have to give up their places each year. We will contact people on the waiting list in a first-come-first-served order. Please reply promptly if offered a place in this manner, even (and especially) if you do not wish to take up the place. This enables us to offer the place to someone else.
Updated 5th May 2021 to reflect postponement of 2020 retreat